Thursday, February 28, 2008

Top 20 - Women

I'm in a hurry tonight, so let's get on with it. (It's almost time for the results show)

Carly Smithson - I am soooo jealous. "Crazy" by Heart is one of my all-time favorite songs and it's always been my dream to perform it live. Carly definitely has the pipes for it and gave me several chillbump moments... but Anne Wilson, she is not. I just didn't particularly like the "arrangement" of it. Not the band, so much, but her choice of phrasing. In fact, I would've had her start it slower and build up to the rock-ness off it. My opinion. The girl can sing. Randy - must you accuse everyone of having pitch problems? She didn't in the beginning or end - like you said. It was the middle, where you said she did well.

Syesha - I had a feeling she wouldn't do very well this week. This girl has pitch problems. I'll just go ahead and say it. She's beautiful. She has a great voice. She just needs to learn how to stay in TUNE. Not a good song choice AT ALL, I will agree there. There were so many better choices out there.

Brooke - Good choice with the Carly Simon. She started strong - like the guitar playing. When she got to the chorus, though, she got very shaky, as usual. Use your diaphragm, girl! Big breaths. She's a sweet, cute girl, though. She'll probably make it to the top 12. Nice - strong ending. I'd like to hear more of that grit in her voice!!!

Ramiele - are we surprised she hulas? Nah. And she has something in common with Sanjaya! remember that? Ooh, I love this song - Don't Leave Me This Way. She needs more freedom and runs at the beginning. Oh, girl, don't get so into dancing that you get off in your singing. I could've stood to hear more backups on this song. You know - other than this song being incredibly boring and having a weird ending, it was just ok. She is a good singer. Stays on pitch most of the time. Hate the outfit, but what do I know? Ha ha, Simon says he's heard this song at ghastly weddings? I bet! This song at a wedding??? Whatev.

Kristy Lee Cook - obviously this little girl is feeling better. She kicked it off strong and fiesty. Gotta love some Linda Ronstadt. There is just something missing from this performace, though. Ouch, what was that? Phlegm? Lousy ending. Is she holding back?

Amanda Scary - Hmmm, she and David Cook should get along well. They both like to read. Oh, my word. She looks horrible. I'm sorry. I don't mean that to be hurtful, even though I am PMSing like crazy. She just did herself wrong by doing her hair like that and... everything else. The beginning of the song was AWFUL. The ending of the song - the very ending - wasn't too bad, surprisingly.

Alaina - I like this girl. I didn't like for my food touch when I was a little girl, either. Hopelessly Devoted is such a fun song to sing. But man, she did better last week. I was looking forward to her getting to that big part of the song, and she blew it. I can absolutely overlook it, though. She is good. She will come back.

Alexandrea - Oh, man, this song takes me back! I don't know what to think about this gal. I think she is a fine singer, and usually a great performer... and she tries hard every time she's on stage. She MIGHT make it into the top 12.

Kady - what is it about this girl? Honestly, I think she should just be an impersonator. I actually like the song tonight. (or last night) Always love me some Heart. She had some really good moments.

Asai'h - I was wondering if anyone was going to do this song. I got really worried when she hit the first chorus and her voice dropped out. The first verse was a little shaky and let me tell you that is a HARD song to sing and a hard part to sing. I wish Carly would've sung it. I would LOVE for this girl to get some lessons and learn how to focus the sound more and use her resonation. She SOOOO sings from the back of her throat. It could be so much better. I love her personality, though, and he charisma. Love her.

1 comment:

Bessie Moo said...

Oh, I am stunned! I thought Alaina was so good. She had a few quibbles on her big moment, but she was WAY better than Amanda, who was so so bad this week. Bummer.