Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Third 12 out of 36!!!

Ok, I've got to hurry! Church is coming up and I haven't watched last night's episode yet...

Here we go...

Does it seem fair that Alexis, Danny and Michael have gotten more face time than anyone else?

Gotta admit, I'm kinda getting sick of Kara.

Fast forwarding through the judges silly banter.

Von Smith is first. This guy gets on my ever-last nerves!!!! How wide can someone open their mouth. Breathy at first and REALLY pitchy. But the chorus sounds kinda good as long as you don't look at him... oh, until the end of the chorus. BAD song choice. He has some fairly good moments, but all-in-all it's just not good enough, dawg. Nah. "Pitch perfect", Paula? Really?

Next, the pride of Hurricane, Utah, Taylor Vaifanua. Cute dress! Love it. The low notes aren't working for her. Honestly, after hearing Alicia Keys sing this song, Taylor just doesn't seem to have the chops. It's too rigid. "You've had a voice since the moment we met you" - Kara. GAG! Taylor's a sweet girl, but she's forgettable. Sorry.

Alex Wagner-Trugman is next. Geeky boy, but that could totaly work for him. I really like his tone. But the dancing!!!! And the growling!!! Oh, my word! I could do without both of those! What the crud???? What just happened? Did the spirit of Mufasa come over him? He lost that lovely tone that I dig and went haywire on us. I think if he had just sang normal and been dorky-adorable, he would be fine. Ha ha, Randy! "Did you forget something back there? What was with those dance moves?" Exactly.

Arianna Afsar is next and I looked her up on Youtube and she has a pretty good voice... so of course, I ranked her pretty high in my Fantasy league... which of course means she'll probably do horribly. Oh. My. Goodness. She is sooooooo off from the accompaniment music. What in the world? I don't even know what to say. I think she has a good voice deep down. What is with Kara telling people they don't know who they are as a person???? Paula always brings it back to the positive.

Ju'Not Joyner is next and he was one of my favorites throughout the auditions. I hope he does well. I like what he did with Delilah in Hollywood... so let's see. I saw some stuff he wrote on youtube and liked it a lot. Ummm, love his riffs. Love his take on this song. Love it a lot. This guy can sing. I completely appreciate the fact that he stayed in tune the entire song. THANK YOU!!!

Ugh, I just had to kick the boys out of my room. They are breaking my stride!

Fast-forwarding... but wait - did he just say something about his butt?

Kristen McNamara is next and there is something about this chick that bothers me. Don't know what. OH, I detest this arrangement of this song!!!!! I would say it's like bad dinner theatre, but I don't want to talk bad about dinner theatres. Theme park, anyone? She has a decent voice... but ugh! This version!!!!! So CHEESY!!!!!!! I agree with Kara for the first time tonight - but now I can't remember what she said that I agree with. Oh! I know - she should sing more Pink or Kelly Clarkson.

Oh, Nathaniel... our little flamer. Meatloaf? Seriously? Meatloaf. Why, Nathaniel? I think Nathaniel has legitimate talent and a good voice... but this is absolutely ridiculous. Methinks he's trying to out-flame Adam Lambert. All the pointing and the jumping... I thought I was watching aerobics. I do remember him singing "Disturbia" in Hollywood and loving it. I wish he had picked a different song.

Up next is my favorite, Felicia Barton. I've loved her from the get-go. I'm so glad they kick Joanna out, because Felicia could win, I think. She's cute and I listened to her stuff of youtube and loved it a lot. Ok, so she's singing "No One". Ooo, she's got a little Nelly Furtado thing going on. Ouch, she cracked a little, but I'm willing to forgive her. I like her. She has lost her groove towards the middle, but I think if she makes it to the top 12, she can really show us what she's got.

Scott is up next with Mandolin Rain. Good song choice. I'm just gonna say it - I'm not crazy about his voice or style. I think he made it this far because he's blind. I know that may sound cruel, but come on. Ok, good big note toward the end. Good job. I predict he'll get in the top 3. Probably beat out Felicia, bummer.

Ack! Fast forwarding! Gotta go to church.

Kendall Beard. I'm not expecting much from this girl. She's cute and has on a fantastic dress! She's not doing bad so far... but I'm just not crazy about it. Actually, it's not unpleasant. She's actually doing better than Kristen McNamara. Hmmm, well, until that big note she just botched. People may actually vote for her because they love country music. Her parents are beautiful!

Ok, so I ranked Jorge the least likely to make it through tonight in my pre-performance picks... but later heard that he did pretty well. Let's see... there's no question that he has a great voice. He can wail. But, I don't personally care for it. Abbey just said "is that Newt?" I just looked at her and she said "You know, a-NEWT. a-NEWT!" HA HA HA She meant Anoop! Cute little thang. Wow, Paula loves him a lot. She just wants to squeeze him. Aw, he's crying.

OK, so here's the thing about Lil Rounds. She's great and has a great story and a spunky personality. Great performance. She's a natural. But, she's just not my favorite. Don't know why. Just not. She'll probably be in the final 2 or 3 of the top 12. Maybe even go against Danny.

Alright- I'm sorry this wasn't my normal fun-loving AI blog. I'm in a rush!!!! We will do it all again tomorrow night!!!!! The wildcard!!!!! Go, Ricky & Matt!!!!

My prediction for top 3: Lil Rounds, Scott, and Ju-Not. BUT, I hope Felicia beats out Scott.

Wildcard from tonight. Nathaniel and maybe one other. ???

Have I mentioned I hate this format????

5 comments:

Kim said...

GAH! I am so bummed (ticked even) at some of the wildcard choices they made. I mean COME ON!

Anonymous said...

Beth, on top of everything else we're doing on Sunday, can I get a music lesson? I so desperately want to know what you all hear when you say someone is pitcy. I mean, I can pretend to know what the crap Randy is talking about ("Yeah, dawg, pitchy! Pitch! Pitch! Pitch! Pitchin' all over the place!"), but in reality I have not a clue!

And, Beth, who is Kim and why does she want to torture me so? I mean, if she sends me her address, I can mail her a check. But, you know, sooner or later, Ryan is going to start asking me why all these $6 payments keep coming out of our budget. And I'm not really sure he would understand my answer.

SIL #2

Tracy said...

GAH!!! I was AWOL on Tuesday because I was sick (half-dead) in bed Tuesday night with strep throat, so I didn't even see the show.

Charlie said Ju'not was great and couldn't believe he didn't get through. I have to agree about Scott. I don't think he has much for a voice. I think the blind thing is working for him right now.

Anonymous said...

Fine, Tracy. Send me your address. The check is in the mail. (Strep throat sucks - hope you are feeling better now.)

:-)

Okay, Beth, I'm beginning to understand why you use the word "Gah" so much. You're surrounded by "Gah" people. But it still reminds me of Jessica Simpson. So, you know, I'm gonna dog you if you start using it again.

SIL #2

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha!!!!!!! Oh, girls. Thank you so much for my daily hee-haw. Y'all are cracking me up!!!

I venture to say you're fighting a losing battle, Jenni. Could you not think fun Valley-girl instead of Jessica Simpson? It's just so fun to say, especially while flipping your hair over your shoulder. Perhaps if you heard me say it instead of seeing it, that would help. I'll give it a shot at Bible study and let you decide then.

Thanks for posting, everyone!!! I'm down for a vegas trip!!!!