Thursday, March 6, 2008

Top 16 - Women

It's 12:30pm and I'm just now getting around to watching AI. Man, life is just too busy sometimes. Ha! ;-P

Some of these girls look different every time I see them! What is up with that? Carly, especially.

Oh, goodness, Paula's hair. Is that a belt buckle in her hair?

Ashai'h - She starts out strong with Whitney... she is so dang cute! I really like her voice and didn't think I would. She has a better sense of pitch than most of the other girls... and while she's dancing, no less! Impressive. Uh oh, Paula is up dancing. I liked this performance. Simon, you're a boob. She did a good job.

Kady Malloy - I'm a little ticked that she stayed and Alaina went home last week. I know it's not her fault, but still. Oh, gag. Her voice sounds pretty bad. She doesn't have the control for this song. She is hitting "some" of the big notes... but not enough of them. Thank you, Randy, for saying what I just said! I liked her better last week.

Man, I miss Season 5. Daughtry. Mandisa. Even Taylor Hicks. Elliot. Where are those loveable characters?

Amanda - Joan Jett, of course. At least she doesn't look like the freak she did last week. That was scary. This is not as bad as last week. She is a performer. Nothing boring about her, I guess. I still hope she gets voted out. Well, crap. I picked her to go home and now Simon is singing her praises. She ain't going anywhere. She is so pretty when she smiles... please, smile more Amanda.

Carly - huh? What is this song? Oh, I drove all night. Didn't Celine do this? Man, she is so Steve Perry when she belts. I wasn't impressed with this performance. She sings the notes, but I feel ZERO emotion from her. Zero. I'm just bored. Aw, her mom is cute.

Kristy Lee - She's going to do a country version of Faithfully. What do you want to bet that Rnady brings up the fact that he played on this song? What in the world are Paula and Simon doing over there? making out? One week Kristy Lee looks young and hip and the next she looks... odd. This is an odd week for her. I didn't care for her performance. She's a sweet girl.

Ramiele - Ok, now Ramiele knows how to EMOTE in a song! yes! Most of these girls would slaughter the beginning of that song. I'm sick of this song in this competition, though. Ramiele's tone is just GORGEOUS. She had a few bobbles, but more than made up with it in her tone and performance. She had some great moments in this performance. Oh, my - Paula is in rare form. I bet Ryan loves Ramiele because she's shorter than he is.

Brooke - Alright now, THIS is the best I've heard little miss Brooke. She has secured her spot in the top 12. I would buy this single right now. Fabulous. Interesting. Modern. Loved it! Randy, you are so on crack tonight. Stop talking between yourselves, judges! This is the time of the contestants.

Syesha - Aw, I recorded this song in one of those Sound Choice Studios when I was in, like, 9th grade or something. Memories. I honestly thought Syesha did better than Whitney in places. If you listen to the original recording by Whitney, there are some places where she is a little out of tune. Seriously. I thought Syesha did a great job with it. I wasn't expecting her to, and I'm not sure she deserved the pimp spot (last performance of the night).

We shall see what happens. I'm guessing Kady and Kristy Lee Cook have seen their last days.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I thought Amanda was so not good. Charlie and I both thought Carly's mom was so pretty. I wish Amanda were going before Kristy, but I agree with your going home picks.