Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Top 8 - Performance Night

Oh, my goodness! I haven't posted my blog in 3 weeks! How have my loyal fans been able to stand it? Ok, maybe just Shelby and Jenni... but still!!! I'm back. Rest easy.

Ha ha, Abbey walked in to tell me good night earlier when I had the show on and she saw Paula and said "What does she have on??? Her boobs are showing!" Now, personally I thought her dress was pretty, but I'm not 8 years old. (Abbey isn't, either, for a few more weeks)

Michael Johns starts things off and I gotta tell you - last week, he was SMOKIN' HOT. I mean, I was mesmerized last week... so I was really looking forward to his performance tonight. He did not disappoint!!! WOW. I thought it was amazing. I had to watch it twice, it was so good. The boy can sing. Randy! Are you on drugs? Randy must have a burr up his butt. Ridiculous. Johnsie was ON. Love him. He has improved every week. Whoo hoo!

Syesha is next. In my Fantasy American Idol Pre-performance picks, I picked Syesha to go bye bye. I just don't see her connecting with the audience. She is not a bad singer. Oh, no! She's trying to do Fantasia. Last week was Whitney and this week is Fantasia. Is she nuts? Ok, she is doing a great job FROM WHAT I CAN HEAR. They have the horns turned up WAY too loud. I can't even hear her vocals!!!! I think she nailed it... but I still think she will go home. Sorry. Ok, Abbey might have a point. Paula's boobs have a life of their own tonight!

Here's my man, Jason Castro. I just love this little guy. His hair gets on my nerves a little - I just want to smooth it down. Oooh, I LOVE this version of this song. I think he's doing a great job with it, but I would've LOVED to see him drop the uke and get up and sing it out just a little more. Just my opinion. But then again, that is not really his style and I do dig his style a lot. The TV audio mix is whacky tonight. In this song, the strings are really loud.

Kristy Lee is next and she has absolutely defied logic. It'a almost a joke now. Last week was Country music week - her GENRE, for heaven's sake - and she came in second to last. This week, she is actually singing the crap out of this song! I mean that in a great way. And she actually had EMOTION in her eyes. Amazing. Kristy Lee has sung for her supper tonight and might have saved herself from being in the bottom 3. She sang it well.

David Cook is next and he has won me over every week since being in the top 12. But everyone has their bad nights and I fear this one is David's. I heard a rumor about what song he was going to sing and was NOT excited. It's just not a great singer-song. So, here he goes. Ugh. He sounds like he's in the wrong the key. Then, he starts screaming. He sounds like he's rushing. Oh, my goodness! What is up with the mix on the TV audio tonight? I hear ONE of the 10 backup vocalists as though she's in my living room. Wow, he's getting into it like a worship leader. Aw, I like the little encouraging word written on his hand at the end. I agree that the song wasn't sung very well. But I thought he did ok with it as far as performance-wise.

Carly is singing The Show Must Go On. Hmmm, have I heard this song? Dunno, let's see. Yeah, I have. I think Paris Bennett did this song a few years ago. It's a bad tonight as it was then. The poor people on the front row kinda look shell-shocked. This was horrible. She was out of tune and screechy. Ok, and can I say - what is up with that outfit??? Simon said she looks good, but I don't. I thought he was very rude last week to her... but she should've taken his advice. She may have just saved Syesha Mercado.

David Archuleta is up next. I hear he's singing Angels. This should be good. Little David has a great instrument. When he finally hits puberty, he will be unstoppable. Ha ha ha. Anyway... ok, the beginning of the song is boring as can be. And then, when it gets to going, the crappy TV mix is KILLING ME!!!! I can't hear him for the strings and backup vocals!!! Is it just this TV? I'm going to go upstairs and re-listen to a few of them and see if it's any better. I have to agree with Randy - the last 5 seconds of the song were the best of the whole song. More runs! more runs!!! Get funky, David.

Brooke is closing the show? Hmmm, how crafty of them. She was in the bottom 3 last week and so they put her in the pimp spot tonight. I hear she's singing You've Got a Friend. That should be right up her alley. Of course, I thought that last week, too. Oooh, she starts out strong. Good move on not playing an instrument this week. And FINALLY, she is singing a song in the right key! Yay, Brooke. Jolene was too low. She can actually sing up higher than she thinks. There go those strings and BGVs again! Grrr. Nicely done, Brookie! Nicely done. Randy is being a turd tonight. What's wrong with him? I'm sure Brooke is safe this week. She MIGHT be in the bottom 3, but she won't go home this week. And most likely, she won't be in the bottom 3.

So, there! I did it! Yay!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I didn't get to watch this week, but how cool that they played "Shout to the Lord" twice! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chXEraRnE4o

Btw, I'm shocked and bummed about who went home. :(